Thursday, November 6, 2014

Friends, Foes and Followers

The mid-term elections are over in these United States and those of us who choose to watch television, as a form of entertainment, can finally be free of the mudslinging commercials for a few months at least. Now, my evenings seem to be bombarded by attorneys trying to get my attention so that they can represent me as I sue one of the automotive companies due to malfunctioning something or other.

I do watch a bit of television, but it seems that the shows I like get cancelled or lose the extremely talented writers that got me hooked on the show. I am saddened when a well written law drama suddenly becomes a night time soap opera.

Lately, I have begun to think that I am wasting my life sitting in front of a television. I need to get my big butt up off the couch and live. I will be looking for some dance lessons that will work with my obligations of time.

Speaking of time obligations, I have been living with my parents since September, when my mom was discharged from the rehab center where she was recovering from her latest stroke. I have been cooking and cleaning and doing my folks laundry. Sometimes I am also the chauffer. As my mom progresses in her recovery, I have more free time to take care of myself and plan a future. I see a future with no television. I have seen more ridiculous shows in these few weeks than in the previous few years.

It is funny, in a sad way, to see people making decisions based on what their minds are fed from TV. I have heard all sorts of slanderous mutterings repeated, especially about our current president. I think the little guy Napoleon Bonaparte said it well ...
  “Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.”

My words are cathartic for me and not meant to hurt or maim anyone. Until Later ~ Rita Darlene

No comments:

Post a Comment