Monday, June 9, 2014

For the LOVE of God

Yesterday was Pentecost, one of the few times each year that I attend worship services on the first day of the week. For anyone new to this blog, I remember the Sabbath, the seventh day of the week, and try not to defile it. Sometimes that is difficult, because I am me, a rather bold and blunt, (by nature or nurture, I am not sure which) person. Anyway, yesterday the minister said some things that moved me to tears. Some of the tears were from remorse and some were from the joy of memories brought to the forefront of my mind.

This passage of scripture was not covered yesterday, but John 15:9-14 has been playing over and over in my head, like a cd on auto-play. "As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you: abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in His love. These things I have spoken to you that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for one's friends. You are My friends if you do whatever I command you."

In this moment, as I write this, I want more than anything to make the transformation from selfish to selfless. The key is for me to relinquish my vanity and self-will and to give up all pretense, and actually be a Christian.

Until Later ~ Rita Darlene 

No comments:

Post a Comment