Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Who am I?

This is the day that I will make a meal for two friends that I love, but probably will not see again for a long while. I want to make a meal that will be wholesome, tasty and appreciated. These friends are very important to me. One loves food of every kind and the other is rather bland about food, self proclaiming to NEVER be a foodie. The latter friend bases the food ingested by the effect on the breath; neither onions or garlic are requested ingredients in the food this individual eats. 

I am a foodie. Preparing meals for others to enjoy is, for me, a labor of love. Trying to duplicate exquisite meals has taken up a lot of my adult life. When serving wine, pairing the right wines for the menu is paramount. My "foodie" friend and my "non-foodie" friend come as a pair, one drinks wine, the other does not.  The love and time that goes in to the planning of a meal we share is wasted on the one and cherished by the other. Well, wasted may be too strong a term. This friend eats the food quickly and then shares anecdotal observations about life, while the rest of us relish the meal and the stories. Perhaps during these meals, an education of  my friend's palate may be taking place, and the appreciation will come later.

I wonder how my Savior looks on me. Do I relish the time and effort He put in to my calling and the subsequent nourishing of it? Every day I have the opportunity to partake of a spiritual meal prepared by Him/Them ( really as many meals or snacks as I choose.) Do I pick and choose what I want have on the menu or will I allow the Creator to feed me, regardless of the taste left in my mouth? Do I appreciate the gift of life I have been given, or have I greedily taken it without properly digesting and contemplating what was given for me? Do I reflect on the planning that went in to me existing, especially before I eat the bread and drink the wine?

This is so beautiful!  So much wrapped up in God's name "I AM"!  and this amazing God loves you like there's no one else in the world! ~ T.
Passover season is over for this year and we are forty-six days in to the count toward Pentecost. Season after season there is much to be observed and learned. I hope you will join me in finding a meaningful way of internalizing the great sacrifice and planning that each human being represents. We are all made in the image of God. The Eternal's plan covers each and every one. Could it be that the way we conduct our lives, is an example, an education, as it were, for our "non- spiritual" friends, family and fellow humans?

Until Later ~ Rita Darlene





No comments:

Post a Comment