Monday, May 12, 2014

Crazy

Sometimes I feel like I am losing it! It, being my ability to process what I hear and see properly. My memory is not as sharp either. I went to my son's home on Sunday and left the card that he and his family gave me. I left the gift of zucchini that I was really excited about cooking too. Other than feeling a bit crazy, I had a wonderful Mother's Day week-end. I had lots of interaction with friends and family. My children all took great care to show their love and appreciation for me.

I went to see my mom and take her a small gift, something she has needed for years. I wanted to take her on a cruise, but her health is not what it should be right now. The cruise deals that are out there are really good from time to time and this particular week they were fantastic.

Instead of getting on a ship, this week I will be trying to secure a job. My youngest daughter and I need to get our living arrangements secured for the next year. She needs to finish her AA degree and I must readjust to life without a husband to provide for us. It has been seventeen years since I had that duty completely to myself, and I am realizing that my memory is not the only thing that age has diminished.

It seems I keep coming back to the same problem areas. So, listen up grands, while you are young, learn to eat foods that will keep you healthy, and do not take unnecessary risks with your bodies. You only get one body to live in for all the years of your life. Be good to your parents, so you can stay at home as long as you want. And lastly, make sure you get an education that will benefit you in to old age.
Until Later ~ Rita Darlene

No comments:

Post a Comment