Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Aloo sala ?

I hope that I am not vain, but how would one gage that? That is a blog for another time.

The reason I mention it, is because I was at the nail salon, just finishing "the works" when I heard the most melodic voice. It was deep, gurgling and fresh. The pronunciation was unsurpassed by any voice to whom I have ever listened. If this voice was a body of water, people would take their shoes off and dip their toes, some might even consider skinny-dipping. Me being me, I had to ask if this voice was in radio. The response was a negative, but I would not leave it alone. This voice should be heard. So I said to the voice ... "go to dogoodmedia.com and tell Steven Schneitman that his mother said to use you for radio."  The voice's cousin responded that the voice is not from here.

This began a lovely interchange between three people that would probably have never known of each other in the courses of our lives. The voice lives in London, and the cousin recently moved to Jacksonville, from the Baltimore area. We spoke of many subjects that I do not engage in on a daily basis. It was such a pleasant half hour, that I long to have another chance encounter. It reminds me of the line from a poem by Warsan Shire  "...we are all slightly ruined by the things we have grazed against..." .  I know that I will always be gaging the voices I hear, against the beautiful one from the afternoon of April 14, 2014.
Until Later ~ Rita Darlene

No comments:

Post a Comment