Thursday, April 3, 2014

Personal Worth

For the last seventeen years of my life I have been committed to one man. My husband read his Bible every day and he prayed for strength to be a good and faithful husband. Many times his will was tested. Sometimes I was not the encouraging wife that I should have been. Occasionally, because a woman would fancy him, he would have the choice of whether to keep his vow to me. I believe that he was tempted, but did not break. He was a man of strong loyalties. I loved him very much. We both valued our marriage and only his death separated us.

My husband was a worker, and I admired that quality in him. He wanted to make sure he provided a living for our family. His desire was to make enough money so that we always had a home, electricity, food, cars and vacations twice a year.

I was annoyed with my husband the day he bought me this lovely ring. He had been working so much, that we barely saw each other, and intimacy was at a low. When he purchased it, I initially thought it was one of his "pay-off " gifts that was supposed to calm the stormy waters of my having been angry. ( All I ever really wanted, beyond the security of our love for reach other, was more time together to wallow in it. Some uninterrupted moments of cuddling, was the brass ring to grasp.) Gifts do not erase the acts that bring anger. Remorse, was the only salve for the emotional wounds he could inflict, but that is another blog, for a different day. 

In an over dramatized presentation my husband read a scripture to me and placed this ring on my finger. It was a sign of his trust in me and a sweet gesture to show me, that I was his girl and he still  cared. It was not an expensive ring, but I could not put a price on it now.

Proverbs 31: 10 Who can find a virtuous wife? For her worth is far above rubies, the heart of her husband safely trusts her.

Until Later ~ Rita Darlene

No comments:

Post a Comment