Saturday, April 5, 2014

WOW! A FAN

I got a phone call from someone that asked why I did not post a "bit" a couple of days this week. It was amazing to me that this little blog was missed. It took me a while to realize that the person was expecting my report on life. I had made my commitment in black and white, to write this blog each day, so could she count on it or not?

I know the person was concerned that the lack of a post,  might have been an indicator that I was ill or had some other difficulty, but the question was a great one. Why had I not posted my thoughts those days? The answers are long and complicated when one begins to make excuses. The answers are short, and if not sweet, then at least easier, when one tells the truth. The thoughts consuming me those days were not fit to share with anyone. God knows them, if God chooses to know them. If I had a stalker, the stalker might have had a hint of what was eating at me, but I was not about to share it here.

I was not planning a murder. My thoughts were not about a bank heist. I was not trying to seduce a friend's husband. I was not trying to come up with ways to cheat on my taxes. I was not plotting the abuse of my parents. My thoughts were not evil, and yet, neither were they pure. The lack of bad does not mean one is good.

At this time of year, I, and most of my friends, do a thorough self examination, a spring cleaning of the mind and soul, so to speak. The analysis helps us determine what to keep doing, and what parts of our life we want to purge. It is about progress, moving forward toward our goals, leaving the old ways, that are an impediment to those goals behind, and building new habits that will strengthen us for this endurance race called life. In my "self," I found quite a bit of stagnation. (Kids, stagnation is what happens when the flow is lacking, whether it is water in a pipe or pond, or air in a room or car. Or, as in DD's case, the spirit in my soul.)

Because of the intense self searching of my heart and mind, I can warn you that the next few posts may come across as preachy or self absorbed. I could hope that I would be in a constant state of "self" correction, but my experience tells me in a few weeks, I will be back to "normal."
Until Later ~ Rita Darlene

No comments:

Post a Comment