Monday, April 14, 2014

It Is Monday, April 14, 2014

For those of us in the USA, tomorrow is the deadline to file our income tax reports and send our payments to Uncle Sam. For several years, I worked for H & R Block and I really did not like the feel of the office in April. The clients that had businesses and came to us every year, knew to get their stuff in early, as soon as their payroll reports were ready. But along with the good, there was always the new, demanding, and impatient clients that brought in bags of stuff on April 14th, expecting not only for us to go through it all and prepare a return, but to do it for a nominal fee. Most of the time their expectations were squashed.

Last night was the Passover service. Each year I renew the vow I made to God at my baptism, as I  partake of the body and blood of Christ as symbolized by the bread and wine. I follow my savior's example in the humble act of foot washing and am overwhelmed by the love that is exchanged during that ritual.

This year, I was very disappointed in my personal preparation for the Passover service. I am relating more to those aggravating, last minute tax clients, than the fully prepared ones that start their work early. I can be joyful in the knowledge, that the Christ is my intercessor with the Father, and that He loves me so much, that He gave His life for me.

I did quite a bit of scripture reading, while sitting quietly, waiting for the sundown service to begin. As I was reading Psalm 119, I realized that the author loved God's laws. The writer, (probably King David) made the commandments, statutes, and judgments his or her contemplation and meditation continually. I know that I have not made that my practice, but I plan to do better. 
Until Later ~ Rita Darlene

No comments:

Post a Comment