Monday, March 31, 2014

Marching

Today is the last day in the month of March. It has been packed with fun. This is the first year I can remember that I am headed in to April without having already filed my income tax. I am usually the person that wants to complete my responsibilities ahead of time, if possible. This state of mind puts me at odds with my son and youngest daughter. Those two have a tendency to procrastinate. My oldest daughter is similarly minded. We do not like the day to end without our tasks being completed.
At fifty-one I have begun to look at things a bit differently. Not better, just differently.

I quit Facebook recently, because I was spending far too much time glancing at kittens and puppies. I first did a one or two day trial and found that no one messaged me. With nearly three hundred friends, no one really had anything to say to me. My grandson has plenty to say and my granddaughter needs to learn to say my name, so I think perhaps I can spend my "FB" time with them each day. 

My grandson has decided, since our cruise, that singing and dancing are talents that he will develop. He now sings to his sister. He takes the rhythm and melody of a popular song and sings words that his sister needs to hear. Yesterday, he sang that she should not cry that everything was going to be alright. He sounded nothing like Bob Marley, but to his sister he must have sounded good, because she took his advice and quit crying.

I have come to think of this blog as a responsibility, but I have lots of other things I must do each day. Taking my youngest daughter to college and work being high on the priority list, tat is what I am going to leave this computer to do now. Until Later ~ Rita Darlene  

No comments:

Post a Comment