Saturday, May 3, 2014

The First of Many

Many of the things I have done in my life are not worth repeating. I have been looking through pictures, old and recent, and am frustrated with my backsliding on the diet front.

I know what foods make me feel better physically. I do really well eating fresh fruit as my first snack in the early morning hours. Plums, and apples are particularly good for me and I also love pineapple. Then before I start any physically challenging work, I need to eat some lean protein, like steamed fish or grilled chicken or even a tenderloin steak and some fresh vegetables, like a green salad, or some steamed broccoli. If I am going to eat a food that is mostly made up of carbohydrates, I need to eat it in a portion that is small and toward the later afternoon.


I have to avoid those foods that taste so yummy, the ones that are like a feather bed for the emotions. You know the ones I mean, the cherry cheese Danish for breakfast with a hot cup of coffee, or the six French toast sticks with butter-maple syrup and a big glass of ice cold milk. Those foods are the worst way for me to start a day. My blood sugar rises and I get sleepy and want to fall back in to bed. Worse than that, is how I cranky I get when those empty carbs are used up and my blood sugar  begins to plummet. My tone gets a bite to it, and people begin to wonder why I am so mean.

So folks, I am looking for some matches. The first bridge I want to burn, is the one that leads to the land inhabited by white sugar and all the stuff made with it. This is the first physical step toward a  new and better me.    Until Later ~ Rita Darlene  

No comments:

Post a Comment