Saturday, May 3, 2014

Reminded

I got a text this morning that read "It has been over 15 days since you posted on your blog. You better get back in the wagon or you'll bail on it like I did. That would be a shame." That came  a little after eight o'clock this morning, from my birth son. He had started a weekly video blog when he turned thirty. I could not get started right away because I was baking. These blogs take some focus and I did not want to burn the spice cake that I was creating this morning. Sometimes I write a bunch of things and then delete most of it (so even though you read this in a minute, it usually takes me a lot longer to produce it.) This blog is primarily for my children to have a reference and grandchildren to be able to know DD, in case I croak before they grow up. I really need to make some sort of plan about what I want to tell them over the course of my 365 days of being 51.

My newly created "blooming" apple.
I had to finish the spice cake! It is part of my plan to feed my friends from my list of "get rid of it" food. My pantry is full of stuff that neither I, nor my youngest daughter should eat. I have not been focused on my health and it shows in my britches and I feel it at the end of the day.

We have a covered dish meal to contribute to today ( I made that food yesterday.) I made cornbread dressing. I used the fresh rosemary that my daughter-in-law gave me from her front garden. That dressing will be covered with lemon-butter chicken "shavings." I will also share some creamed peas and a lovely looking blooming apple.

If anyone would like the recipe for the "blooming apple" you will have to make comments on this blog and ask for it. I will be happy to share it. Ok son, I am back in the wagon. I might try to be a bit more prolific with these blogs in the next few days as I missed so many.

2 comments:

  1. I would love the recipe. And I also was missing your blogs, I really enjoy them! Karla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karla, I am really looking forward to seeing you and Manuel in October. My next published blog will include the recipe.

    ReplyDelete