Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Barbados BABY!!!

I am sitting on the most beautiful powdery white sand beach, under a big red umbrella. In a moment after getting this post out to the net, I am going swimming in the aqua water. The cruise has been a lot of fun so far. Good food, great service, funny comedians, award winning shows and beautiful beaches at our port cities, are the reasons I find Carnival to be such a great value for my dollars.

While sitting here, at the Harbor Lights Beach Bar and Grill, Kevin our appointed staff person has come by to offer rum punch. George the Birdman came by to show his hand carved coconut art, he was a pleasant sort an quite talented. Tony, the jewelry man, came by with necklaces, bracelets, and anklets made from shells, leather, and turquoise. I am really glad I brought limited cash, so I have a good excuse for not buying from these friendly natives. The manners displayed, from all I have encountered, put us Americans to shame.

I have no money to speak of, but I must say that sharing these experiences with my girls, makes me feel rich. I am a blessed woman. It is so cool to see my grands in different situations. My five year old grandson is smarter than I could have imagined. He has blossomed under his mother's home school tutoring. My year old granddaughter, though unable to say very many words, certainly gets her point across. They draw people like magnets to steel. I have got to enjoy this time while it is available. Until Later ~Rita Darlene

No comments:

Post a Comment