Sunday, March 23, 2014

Frolicking in Puerto Rico's Rain Forest

Sunday morning dawned beautifully, here in San Juan. I had my last meal, in the Washington dining room, aboard the
Carnival Valor. I had lots of coffee, two pieces of wheat toast, a vegetable omelet, and a lovely stewed banana. I said farewell to the dining room staff and made my way off the ship.

The next adventure was a tour of part of the 28,000 acre rain forest which is about an hour drive from San Juan. It is lush, it has flowers, it has rocks, it has birds and lizards, it has amazing views (it had me for about four hours.)

Climbing through foliage, at a fifty degree incline, takes a toll on an out of shape woman like me. The pay-off was this astounding view across the island. I could not hear the waves pounding the shore, that was happening too far away, but I sure had an amazing peek at that action. Today, I experienced beauty.

I am satisfied with the way I spent the last week of my life, but I have to say that I am tired! I am ready to get back home tomorrow. I hope the anticipation of  a visit to my chiropractor and my massage therapist doesn't keep me awake tonight.
Until Later ~ Rita Darlene

No comments:

Post a Comment