Monday, March 3, 2014

My 51st Birthday

Today, I woke up pretty much the same way I have for the last fifty-one years ... my bladder made me. After the flush, as I was washing my hands, I looked myself in the mirror and realized I will not be around forever.

I watched my husband of seventeen years die last September. He did not leave any written messages to our children and grandchildren. I want to leave something for them (and you) to have as a way to remember me. I guess that is a bit of vanity and I will not deny it.

I am sitting alone in a darkened living room writing this on my birthday. Earlier today my mom came to town and bought me lunch and gave me a new set of towels as a gift. My oldest daughter gave me a gift certificate for a massage. My younger kids told me happy birthday. Several friends wished me happiness on my Facebook page, a couple of friends called. Even Ron, the guy that came to repair the central heat said "Happy Birthday."

It was a good enough day, but did I make good decisions all day? Not really (see picture.)
I have shed thirty pounds since November 7th, it was forty until I started making some poor choices after a surgery I had in February. Perhaps as I write and share, my cravings for junk food will diminish. Until tomorrow ~Rita Darlene

No comments:

Post a Comment