Saturday, March 22, 2014

Sabbath Serenity

It is the last day of my cruise and I am sitting in the internet café here in St. Maarten. The water here in this bay should be a poster for the color Caribbean blue. This port is undoubtedly the most beautiful close up. Things are painted, clean and the foliage is lush. The only drawback I have encountered is that they have an unusually high number of flying insects.




I am missing the fellowship with like minded individuals. I have met lots of interesting people, but miss my everyday friends and the quick encouragement I receive when checking in on Facebook.

Yesterday we were in St. Kitts. Let me tell you that Sweet Pea, our tour guide, was just the most amazingly friendly woman. When I enquired as to how much an acre of land cost there, she offered to find me a husband (that, she said, was the easiest way to immigrate, and she would have one for me by sundown.)

We tried a delicious sugar cake that was made locally from ground sugar cane, ground coconut and ground almonds. My granddaughter had refused to eat much yesterday morning before the excursion, but when offered the sugar cake she spent a few minutes chewing and smiling. She has been the focal point of attention from the dining crew. It helps, I suppose, that she is a real "ham." My grandson gets his fair share of attention also. He has become the darling of our hostess. She has taken him as her dance partner each night, during the wait staff performance.

I will have many stories to share in the days and months to come. I have learned a few of the attitudes I need to overcome. It is going to be a great year for improvement. I hope you all stick around and cheer me on . Until later ~ Rita Darlene

No comments:

Post a Comment