Thursday, March 6, 2014

Transformation in Progress

I got a call yesterday from a gentleman that I spoke with back in November on the topic of life insurance. I know that I need to purchase some insurance so that my children are not left to bury me without the funds to do so, but I am not interested in paying any more for it than necessary. His call got me thinking about weight loss and the lower premiums for people at a healthy weight. I have been overweight for nearly 20 years. I never really recovered my girlish figure after the birth of my last child. 

I joined Weight Watchers on November 7th and have lost a little over 30 pounds to date. I missed my weigh in on Monday from lack of planning. That was my birthday and I ate with my mom at Ruby Tuesday, a lunch of salad, sliders and French fries. Then while running errands I had a coffee from Dunkin Donuts and a package of Reese's cups. Since then I just have not felt good. I do not understand why I can not seem to keep the connection between what I eat and how I feel at the forefront of my mind.

Today (Thursday) I made better choices. My youngest daughter felt bad about leaving me home alone on my birthday, so she took me out for lunch. We went to Judson's at the corner of Oak and Barrs (in the Riverside area of Jacksonville.) Ron makes a pasta and veggies dish with a garlic sauce that I have tried unsuccessfully to duplicate since I first ate it back in 2008. I had that and a large salad with a balsamic vinaigrette he makes. This was so good and so filling with no regrets.



I will achieve my weight loss goals eventually. Perhaps they will be attained during this 365 days of being 51. Hang with me while I transform my life. As this year goes by, I will show you proof that as we get older, we can get better.

I have a vacation coming up on March 16 and between now and then I have a goal to reach. It is a smaller sized bathing suit than I have worn in ten years. This year I want to get a tan while visiting the Caribbean. Until later ~ Rita Darlene

1 comment: