Wednesday, March 26, 2014

House not really Home

It is Wednesday evening and I am back at the house. The comfort of my "things" around me does not hold the appeal it once did. I am ready to divest myself of any excess and move to a much smaller place. This house has not been a home for a few months. The big draw to living here, has always been the grandchildren living across the street. But now that mommy is home with them, they do not need me like they once did.

It is time to go to work! Anybody want to offer me a job? For the last few years I have not worked outside the home. Inside the home I cooked, cleaned, babysat, organized retreats, paid bills, kept books for my husband's business, planted flowers and herbs, and drove family, friends and strangers around town to various appointments. Does anyone out there need a home manager? Perhaps a live in companion for an elderly or invalid family member?

Life is about to change. I feel it coming ... I hope it is a change for the better. Today was a nice change. My mom came to visit for the day and my daughter and grandchildren joined us for lunch. The four generations of us had a lovely time together. We could not have asked for a more beautiful day to drive around Duval county. We crossed the Ortega river at least eight times today, and each time we did, the view was magnificent. The sun was shining and reflecting off the water like sparkling diamonds.

Right now I need to go make my bathroom sparkle. After that, my kitchen floor needs attention. Then, I have multiple pieces of clothing to iron. My duties seem endless. Is it time to book another cruise yet? Until Later ~ Rita Darlene

No comments:

Post a Comment