Sunday, March 30, 2014

Memory Lane

This Sunday morning looks outstanding, from my view here on the couch.  I live in an older neighborhood, with established trees. The branches, of the forty foot oak tree that fills the back of the yard next door, are shaking and shimmering with the strong breeze. We had a great rain yesterday and the moisture that still clings to the new bright green leaves is sparkling where the suns rays have pierced the dense growth.

Sometimes I can almost go in to a trance watching the changing light and the wild life playing on and around the privacy fence in my little private garden. The squirrels, feral cats, birds and the occasional turtle or snake all seem to perform for my enjoyment. I suppose they all do their acts whether I watch or not. Are we that singular? Do our acts change when we are aware someone is watching? I would like to think I am always just "me", but I know better. Certain people, I work hard to impress and others, with whom I am overly comfortable, I might forget to perform the most common courtesies .

I look around my house right now and wonder what happened to me. I once was a fanatic about cleaning and not having anything out of place. That was one of the attributes that attracted my husband when we were dating. He liked walking in to my clean home and smelling what ever the meal was that I was preparing when he arrived. The meals I have prepared in the last six months have been few and far between compared to the eighteen to twenty meals I used to prepare each week.

This morning my breakfast was an apple. I think I will now go make a hot chocolate and sip it while determining where I am going to start in this mess of a house. Until later ~ Rita Darlene

No comments:

Post a Comment