Thursday, March 13, 2014

Favorite People, Places and Pastimes

Sunset at Doctor's Inlet
There is  a lot going on for me this week, but not so much that I couldn't take the time to get together with my buddies for a sunset picnic out at Doctor's Inlet. The weather was a bit cool, but the company was warm and the food was tasty. As you can see the scenery was just gorgeous.

My grandson had his first steak that he seemed to enjoy very much. His sister really liked the sweet potato casserole. Also on the menu was black bean soup, tossed salad, pickled beets and a dollop of vanilla ice cream. We all left with a full belly.

This was my third time picnicking at this park. Each time the group has been a bit different with four key members staying the same. It is a wonderful thing to have friends with whom you have fun and really enjoy each others company.

Tomorrow I get to hang out with a different group of folks in another beautiful Florida town and I will be posting from Live Oak. Now I am off to make a fruit salad to share with my loved ones. The recipe follows.

Rita's Fruit Salad
3- 20oz cans chunk pineapple
1 - 29oz can of mandarin oranges
1 - 15oz can of mango slices (chopped)
1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
11/2 cups of sour cream
2 cups of mini marshmallows or mallow cream
1/2 cup pecan halves
combine all ingredients chill overnight and serve

Until later ~ Rita Darlene

1 comment:

  1. Make her fruit salad with the marshmallows not the mallow cream. You'll thank me later.

    ReplyDelete